Parkland County Council meets annually to review and update its Strategic Plan.
Council's Strategic Plan guides Parkland County's long-term planning and decision-making. The plan identifies goals and strategies that will assist Parkland County in achieving its vision and mission.
Strategic priority areas
Parkland County Council combined local statistical data with its own experience and knowledge to develop five strategic priority areas:
- Agriculture: Parkland County strives to be a vibrant agriculture and food community characterized by its diversity, creativity and entrepreneurship, focused on sustainability as well as new opportunities.
- Economic Diversification: Parkland County supports and advances economic growth through economic diversification and innovation.
- Healthy Communities: Parkland County communities create strong supportive cultures through design excellence and proximity to amenities, services and recreational opportunities.
- Regional Strategy: Parkland County strives to meet the service needs of its residents by being a leader in collaboration with regional partners.
- Environment: Parkland County provides leadership in environmental sustainability.
2016 Year End Report
As we move forward into 2017, it's important to take a look back and see what was accomplished in 2016. The 2016 Year End Report is intended to celebrate all that was accomplished with the four strategic pillars in mind.
Previous strategic plan and progress updates
- Parkland County Strategic Plan 2014-2018
- Parkland County Strategic Plan 2013
- Parkland County Strategic Plan 2011
Parkland County promotes the following five values, which provide a foundation for a strong, vibrant and sustainable community:
Parkland County will create a harmonious environment, through mutual respect, trust and support, which will establish the County as a leader in municipal government.
Parkland County will conduct itself in an open and transparent manner and provide quality service to residents and clients through efficient, effective practices while we undertake continuous improvement.
Parkland County will be innovative and creative by capitalizing on opportunities, embracing new technologies, adapting to change and incorporating best practices.
Parkland County will build and maintain strong relationships with residents, neighbouring municipalities, First Nations communities and other orders of government through collaboration, mutual respect and open communication.
Parkland County believes in the value of communities and will continue to support local groups and organizations. We will create and maintain safe, vibrant, sustainable and prosperous communities by maintaining and expanding infrastructure and services.