Parkland County recognizes the value of public engagement and its importance in decision-making.
Current Engagement Opportunities:
Below is a list of our current public engagement opportunities. Be sure to check back often for upcoming opportunities where you can provide feedback on County projects.
Wabamun Lake Boat Access and Nutrient Management
We're in Phase 1 of our Wabamun Lake Boat Access and Nutrient Management project. Did you miss the open houses? Provide your thoughts and opinions on the project using our online feedback form.
Submission deadline: May 4, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Provincial and Federal Opportunities
There are often public engagement surveys conducted by the Provincial and Federal Government that affect Parkland County residents. Take a moment to complete the surveys below to have your say.
Advisory Panel on Coal Communities - Alberta Government
You can share your ideas on coal community transition by completing this online survey.
Workplace Legislation Review
The provincial government is inviting the public to provide their views and input on Alberta's workplace laws until April 18, 2017. Find more information about how to get involved by visiting work.alberta.ca/leg-review.
Government is seeking feedback on:
- Maternity, parental and compassionate care leaves
- Introducing leave for the care of critically ill children
- Other job-protected leaves in relation to the federal Employment Insurance program
- The collective bargaining process
- Improving enforcement and administration
2017 Priorities Surveys
At the beginning of the year, we asked residents and businesses to share their opinions on priorities for the County. Take a look at how you responded.
- 2017 Resident Priorities Survey - Telephone Responses
- 2017 Resident Priorities Survey - Online Responses
- Parkland County Business Priorities Survey - Report