Parkland County employs over 260 full-time, part-time and seasonal staff who provide services for 30,000+ residents.
We value our employees for their diverse technical expertise, skills and knowledge. We aim to provide a work environment that upholds staff participation, teamwork and a commitment to excellent customer service through innovation and continued learning and development.
Comprehensive benefits package
The County's competitive benefits package includes:
- Prescription drug coverage
- Extended health care coverage
- Vision care coverage
- Dental care
- Long term disability
- Group life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Employee and family assistance program
- Earned day off program
- Health and wellness allowance
- Joint employee and employer contributions to the local authorities pension plan
- Professional development
Parkland County encourages ongoing professional development and life-long learning. We provide:
- in-house workshop and seminar opportunities
- health, safety, and wellness training
- job-related tuition reimbursement
- support for professional association fees
We offer a work/life balance in a team environment that is supportive of employees. Our Social Club, run by volunteer employees, offers several annual, not-for-profit events (e.g., golf tournament, barbeques, children's Christmas party, etc.). We also celebrate dedicated, long-term employees through our annual Long Service Awards.