- Parkland Communicator
- Acreage and Farm Living
- Animals & Pets
- Community Services
- Assessment & Tax
- Fire, Disaster, EMS
- High Speed Internet
- People Services
- Property Development
- RCMP & Enforcement Services
- Roads & Maintenance
- Solid Waste & Recycling
- Business Directory
- Ambassador Program
- Business News and Events
- Start a Business
- Business Support
- Industrial and Business Areas
- The Parkland Advantage
- Publications and Reports
- Tender Opportunities
- Planning/Property Development Processes
- Property Locator Tool
- Arts & Culture
- ATV Trail Development
- Block Party
- Campgrounds & RV Resorts
- Golf Courses
- Hunting & Fishing
- Must See
- Parks & Natural Areas
- Recreation & Sports Facilities
- Things to Do
- Committees and Boards
- Committee and Board Vacancies
- Agricultural and Rural Life Advisory Committee
- Art Advisory Committee
- Capital Region Board
- Economic Development and Tourism Advisory Committee
- Edmonton Regional Airports Authority
- Environmental Advisory Committee
- Horizon Stage Theatre Advisory Board
- Municipal Library Board
- Municipal Planning Commission
- River Valley Alliance
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Tri-Municipal Leisure Facility Board
- Community Recognition
- Council Expense Claims & Expenditure Statements
- Council Meetings
- Election 2013
- Municipal Budget
- Strategic Plan
- Awards and Recognition
- Contact Information
- Department Information
- Employment Opportunities
- Financial Information
- Municipal Internship Program
- Projects and Studies
- Vision and Mission
Awards of Excellence
Parkland County is proud of its Awards of Excellence program. This long running program recognizes County residents who have achieved excellence in the fields of Arts & Culture, Agriculture, Athletics and Community Life. The Community Life category was recently added to recognize an outstanding individual who has made a significant and/or lifetime contribution to the community.
The 100-Year Agricultural Award was added to this program in 2000 to honor families who have farmed, and continue to farm, the same parcel of land for 100 years or longer.
Parkland County Council will present Awards of Excellence to eligible County residents at Council meetings throughout the year as recipients are nominated.
If you have any further questions about the Awards of Excellence program, please contact Diane Bozek or Lois Saumer at 968-8888 ext. 8215 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Nomination forms are available at Parkland County Centre or online.
All nominations will be reviewed by County Council for eligibility in accordance with Policy AD 025 – Recognition of Achievements.
Parkland County Council will have the final authority on approving award recipients under this program.
Award presentations will be made at Council meetings shortly after the recipients have been determined.
The following rules apply to nominations in all categories:
- Individuals or groups/team will be recognized for their highest accomplishment achieved that year.
- Parkland County will recognize all members of a team/group if that team/group has at least one member being a Parkland County resident, and the team/group is located or trains within the boundaries of Parkland County (including coaches, trainers and managers).
- The person submitting the nomination is responsible for providing all necessary information.
- Parkland County may contact the nominator if required.
- All qualified nominees will receive an award appropriate to their age level and level of achievement.
- Award presentations will take place on an ongoing basis in Council Chambers.
- Parkland County will not formally recognize nominations as a result of competitions occurring within the school system and will refer these to their respective school boards for consideration.