- Parkland Communicator
- Acreage and Farm Living
- Animals & Pets
- Community Services
- Assessment & Tax
- Fire, Disaster, EMS
- High Speed Internet
- People Services
- Property Development
- RCMP & Enforcement Services
- Roads & Maintenance
- Solid Waste & Recycling
- Business Directory
- Ambassador Program
- Business News and Events
- Start a Business
- Business Support
- Industrial and Business Areas
- The Parkland Advantage
- Publications and Reports
- Tender Opportunities
- Planning/Property Development Processes
- Property Locator Tool
- Arts & Culture
- Things to Do
- Campgrounds & RV Resorts
- Hunting & Fishing
- Parks & Natural Areas
- Recreation & Sports Facilities
- Golf Courses
- Must See
- ATV Trail Development
- Committees and Boards
- Committee and Board Vacancies
- Agricultural and Rural Life Advisory Committee
- Art Advisory Committee
- Capital Region Board
- Economic Development and Tourism Advisory Committee
- Edmonton Regional Airports Authority
- Environmental Advisory Committee
- Horizon Stage Theatre Advisory Board
- Municipal Library Board
- Municipal Planning Commission
- River Valley Alliance
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Tri-Municipal Leisure Facility Board
- Community Recognition
- Council Expense Claims & Expenditure Statements
- Council Meetings
- Election 2013
- Municipal Budget
- Strategic Plan
- Awards and Recognition
- Contact Information
- Department Information
- Employment Opportunities
- Financial Information
- Municipal Internship Program
- Projects and Studies
- Vision and Mission
Tender (also known as "Procurement") opportunities are managed through the County’s Purchasing Services, which provides centralized purchasing support, training, coordination of major purchases and assists individuals/departments with the competitive bid process.
The competitive bid process includes all methods of tendering such as telephone quotations, Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Qualification and Calls for Tender.
Click HERE for Current Requests.
The most commonly used competitive bid formats are:
- Telephone quotations – the least formal process and maybe requested for relatively low dollar value purchases of goods or when circumstances do not permit the opportunity to solicit written quotations.
- Request for Information (RFI) - this format is used to gather information and determine availability of products or services.
- Request for Quotation (RFQ) – this format is a more formal process than the telephone quote but less formal than the invitation to tender.
- Request for Proposal (RFP) - this format is used for services or projects where the scope of work and the needs are “an idea” but the method of completion is proposed by the vendor.
- Invitation to Tender (also known as "Call for Tender") – this format details very specifically the "what", "why", "when", "where" and "how" the work/project /product will be provided or completed.
Any competitive bid process, unless by invitation, is advertised in the local newspapers (The Stony Plain Reporter and The Grove Examiner), on the County website, and/or the Alberta Purchasing Connection (www.purchasingconnection.ca).
The Alberta Purchasing Connection (APC) is the approved electronic tendering service for the province and in accordance with the Agreement on Internal Trade, goods or services with a value of $75,000 or greater (and in the case of construction $200,000) are advertised through this medium.
Once the award of the bid process has been finalized, the name of the successful vendor will be made known to all who submitted a response to the bid call.
Parkland County strives to maintain consistent, fair, and transparent purchasing practices. All staff authorized to purchase on behalf of the County must:
- adhere to the policies and procedures as approved by Council and,
- will, at all times, maintain ethical purchasing practices and,
- will, at no time, compromise the integrity of the County’s purchasing process or jeopardize the County’s reputation within the supplier community.